In April, we spent a lot of time in Osakis taking care of Aunt Patti. She had knee replacement surgery and then 2 weeks later they found out that she broke her Fibula in 6 places! Needless to say, she was not happy about that. So she was in the nursing home for 4 weeks and Jonah and I had to go there a lot to help around the cabin. It ended up being a lot of fun. Patti loved seeing Jonah. The weather was beautiful. Spring is wonderful. Everything was blooming in the garden [ at the Cabin and at our house]. Also, April is the perfect time to see the Pelicans come bake to the lake. Jonah and I went to our lake property to organize the pole barn and to watch the Pelicans. There is a big bay right off our dock site. We saw at least 20 pelicans at a time at the bay. Jonah was amazed at the open lake. I can tell he is just like his daddy. He loves the water. So I am not going to be surprised if he starts fishing early. Jonah also loves being on the dock and enjoying nature. He can walk around for hours at a time looking at everything from the lilacs to sitting under our pine trees. Mike and I also took him to tip top dairy bar when it opened for the season. He loves the deep fried hot dogs, the ice cream and especially hanging out with Julie, our friend who lives in Osakis.
Monday, May 11, 2009
I love Osakis
In April, we spent a lot of time in Osakis taking care of Aunt Patti. She had knee replacement surgery and then 2 weeks later they found out that she broke her Fibula in 6 places! Needless to say, she was not happy about that. So she was in the nursing home for 4 weeks and Jonah and I had to go there a lot to help around the cabin. It ended up being a lot of fun. Patti loved seeing Jonah. The weather was beautiful. Spring is wonderful. Everything was blooming in the garden [ at the Cabin and at our house]. Also, April is the perfect time to see the Pelicans come bake to the lake. Jonah and I went to our lake property to organize the pole barn and to watch the Pelicans. There is a big bay right off our dock site. We saw at least 20 pelicans at a time at the bay. Jonah was amazed at the open lake. I can tell he is just like his daddy. He loves the water. So I am not going to be surprised if he starts fishing early. Jonah also loves being on the dock and enjoying nature. He can walk around for hours at a time looking at everything from the lilacs to sitting under our pine trees. Mike and I also took him to tip top dairy bar when it opened for the season. He loves the deep fried hot dogs, the ice cream and especially hanging out with Julie, our friend who lives in Osakis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment